Bjørn Again! Kale and Chorizo Pasta
Antje and me really enjoy our weekly share from the CSA full plate. Couple of weeks ago we got some kale. Altough Antje is not a big fan of kale she really enjoyed this dish
The veggie version: Chilli flakes instead of chorizo. Or you also might use grilled red bell pepper, or artichokes. I leave this to your creativity.
Kale and Chorizo Pasta
I personally think that kale, white beans and pasta are a superb combination. Fried spicy chorizos give an extra kick to it. If you prefer vegetarian or vegan food then add some chilli flakes instead.
- Yield: 4 portions
- Pasta – 1 lb pasta
- Cannellini beans –
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves garlic, or 1 tbs., minced
- Onion – 1 onion, sliced
- Chorizo – 1 Chorizo
- Kale – 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- Tomatoes – 6 dried tomatoes
- Parmesan – 4 tablespoons
- Olive oil, Salt and Pepper –
- This should take not longer than 30min. I prepared the chorizo in an extra pan to keep it separate from the pasta. If you don’t need to prepare it separately, then put everything in one pan and fry the chorizo together with the onion, tomatos and garlic. You can also use butter instead of vegetable or olive oil, if you prefer.
- 1. Bring two big pots with salted water to boil, one for the pasta, one for the kale.
- 2. Boil pasta until al dente (7min). Keep 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Rinse the pasta in water to rinse of the starch. Put to side.
- 3. Boil kale 6-8min. Don’t let the kale get grey. Rinse in ice-cold water then, to preserve its nice green color. Put to side.
- 4. Slice the onion, dried tomatos and mince the garlic. Open the can of beans and drain.
- 5. Slice the chorizo and fry in a pan with a little olive oil.
- 6. Heat up another big pan with some olive oil (don’t burn th oil). Add the onions, tomatos and garlic. Add the pasta and roast a little. Deglaze with the pasta water, add the beans and kale. Stir until kale and beans have temperature. No further cooking is required.
- 7. Serve hot with chorizo and parmesan as topping.
ADVENTURE WITH ME