For the vegan health nuts out there! And any other curious eaters who want to gobble on these wholesome and scrumptious snacks, prepared in minutes.
Quick, Simple Tofu Snacks
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 appetizer plate, or 4 side servings
- Tofu – 8 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into about 1 inch by 1/2 inch pieces
- Wheat germ – 2 tablespoons
- Nutritional yeast – 2 tablespoons
- Raw sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon, freshly ground
- Sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Tahini – 2 teaspoons
- Sesame oil – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Rice wine vinegar – 1 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon, freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix the wheat germ, nutritional yeast, raw sesame seeds, black pepper and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together with a wire whisk or fork the olive oil, tahini, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Using a fork or chopsticks, dip a cube of tofu into the sauce and follow by dipping into the dry ingredients, fully coating the tofu. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining cubes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and toasted.
- Serve as a starter snack, or top your garden salad or Rainbow Daal.