Fast forward to one, two or three weeks when you are satisfied with your homemade sauerkraut flavor. Now it’s time to start putting your sauerkraut in just about any dish! It adds a spritely touch and flavor to your food, and will keep your stomach and brain happily balanced.
Sauerkraut Salads and Sandwiches
Refreshing, and even, therapeutic!
- Red cabbage sauerkraut – 1 cup red cabbage sauerkraut
- Lettuce – 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Nuts and Seeds – 1/3 cup toasted nuts and seeds of your choice: almonds or walnuts, pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves, chopped finely
- Chives – 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
- Rice wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon, grated
- Sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper – Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Egg (optional) – Hard-boiled egg
- Put the sauerkraut, lettuce, nuts, mint and chives in a serving bowl.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together and add to the serving bowl. Toss the salad energetically.
- Add the hard boiled egg on top, or chop into your salad.
Leave a Reply